Almond-Crusted Walleye With Pears & Blue Cheese Recipe
October 06, 2011
[caption id="attachment_70347" align="alignnone" width="1280"] Substitute the blue cheese in this walleye recipe with your favorite cheese if you wish. (Photo courtesy of Chef Lucia Watson)[/caption]
Almonds, walleye, pears and blue cheese are a classic combination, but nothing's sacred here – fillets from any white fish will do
Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 walleye fillets, about ½ pound each
- Flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced scallion
- 1 ripe pear, peeled and cut into slices
- ¼ cup white wine
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese
1. Dredge walleye fillets in seasoned flour, shaking off any excess, dip in egg and then coat in almonds.
2. Melt butter until hot and sauté walleye about 6 minutes on each side or until tender. Transfer fillets to a plate and cover to keep warm.
3. Drain excess grease from pan. Add scallions and pear slices and cook 1 to 2 minutes. Add wine and cook a few more minutes.
4. Add cream, season with salt and pepper. Add lemon juice and taste to adjust seasoning.
5. At the last minute, add blue cheese and spoon over fish.