Baked Walleye with Mango Salsa Recipe
October 07, 2011
The fresh mango salsa is a great accompaniment to the creamy baked walleye
[caption id="attachment_71596" align="aligncenter" width="1366"] Serve this walleye recipe with a side of steamed or sautéed vegetables. (Photo courtesy of Chef John A. Bisson Jr.)[/caption]
By: Chef John A. Bisson Jr.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 4 walleye fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup white wine
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Mango Salsa Ingredients:
- 1 green pepper, diced small
- 1 red pepper, diced small
- 1 yellow pepper, diced small
- 2 mangoes, papaya or pineapple
- ½ cup orange juice or any appropriate fruit juice or nectar
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely chopped
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
1. Place walleye fillets in a shallow baking dish and add all walleye ingredients. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets. Remove fish from the pan and set aside.
2. Pour the liquid into a sauté pan and reduce until slightly thickened. Place the walleye on a plate and pour the sauce over it.
3. To make the salsa, combine all of the ingredients into a small bowl. Stir the ingredients when all ingredients are mixed.
4. Place the salsa on top of the walleye. Serve with a side of vegetables.