Catfish Cakes Recipe
June 20, 2018
The Ohio Department of Natural Resources offers this delightful and easy-to-fix catfish dish.
By: Ohio Department of Natural Resources
This Catfish Cakes Recipe is crunchy on the outside and flavorful on the inside.
Yield: 12 (2-inch) catfish cakes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 catfish fillets (approximately 1 pound each), diced
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- cup onions, finely chopped
- cup green peppers, finely chopped
- ¾ cup pancake mix
- Salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
1. In a large bowl, mix together fish, onion, and green pepper, adding desired amounts of salt and pepper. Mix whisked egg and lemon juice to the fish mixture.
2. Add pancake mix and form the mixture into 2-inch patties.
3. Fry the patties in heated oil until browned on both sides. Patties can also be baked for 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees, then broiled.