Aprils of the Pasts
March 29, 2019
Since 2012, we have published 147,884 words about how, when, and where Midwest finesse anglers have caught largemouth bass, smallmouth bass and spotted bass during the past seven Aprils.
These words were written by the following anglers: Rick Allen of Dallas; Yalel Anderson of Shawnee, Kansas; Don Baldridge of Springfield, Missouri; Ted Becharas of Rancho Penasquitos, California; Jerry Benjamin of Lawrence, Kansas; Terry Bivins of Lebo, Kansas; Steve Bloess of Sedalia, Missouri; Burton Bosley of Sutton, West Virginia; Norman Brown of Lewisville, Texas; Terry Claudell of Overland Park, Kansas; Paul Finn of Olathe, Kansas; Adam Fancovic of the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area; Brent Frazee of Parkville, Missouri; Merit Goodman of Eudora, Kansas; Bob Gum of Kansas City, Kansas; David Harrison of Lawrence, Kansas; Rick Hebenstreit of Shawnee, Kansas; Dwight Keefer of Phoenix, Arizona; John Kehde of Sedalia, Missouri; Ned Kehde of Lawrence, Kansas; Casey Kidder of Topeka, Kansas; Pok-Chi Lau of Lawrence, Kansas; Ralph Manns of Rockwall, Texas; John McKean of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Dennis Medley of Morton, Illinois; Greg Monahan of Lee’s Summit, Missouri; David Mull of Paw Paw, Michigan; Travis Myers of Paw Paw, West Virginia; George Nochta of Santee, California; Dave Petro of Lecompton, Kansas; John Redding of Lawrence, Kansas; Hope Reed of Nashville, Tennessee; John Reed of Nashville, Tennessee; Drew Reese of Rantoul, Kansas; Steve Reideler of Denton, Texas; Harold Rice of Ramona, California; John Thomas of Denton, Texas; Andrew Trembath of Parkville, Missouri; Brain Waldman of Indianapolis, Indiana; and Dave Weroha of Kansas City, Kansas.
Before we began publishing these monthly guides in 2012, we published a Midwest Finesse column entitled “A Month-by-Month Guide to Midwest Finesse Fishing for Bass.” It focuses on how and where Dick Bessey of Lawrence, Kansas; Steve Desch of Topeka, Kansas; Brent Frazee of Parkville, Missouri; Bob Gum of Kansas City, Kansas;Rick Hebenstreit of Shawnee, Kansas; Clyde Holscher of Topeka, Kansas; Casey Kidder of Topeka, Kansas; Rodney Hatridge of Shawnee, Kansas; Pok-Chi Lau of Lawrence, Kansas; and I caught largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, and spotted bass from 2004 to 2011 in the community, state, and federal reservoirs that grace the landscapes of northeastern Kansas and northwestern Missouri.
By reading about these anglers’ endeavors, we can assess the similarities and changes that have transpired during the past 15 Aprils. It will provide us with historical insights that are not easily attained in the piscatorial world.
Here are the Internet links to those words:
(1) This is the link to the April 2012 guide: https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/midwest-finesse-fishing-april-2012/156330.
(2) Here is the link to the April 2013 guide: https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/a-month-by-month-guide-to-midwest-finesse-april-2013/155337.
(3) This is the link to the April 2014 guide: https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/midwest-finesse-april-2014/155785.
(4) Here is the link to the April 2015 guide: https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/midwest-finesse-fishing-april-2015/155800.
(5) Here is a link to the April 2016 guide: https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/midwest-finesse-fishing-april-2016/155975.
(6) Here is the link to the April 2017 guide: https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/midwest-finesse-fishing-april-2017/156063.
(7) Here is the link to the April 2018 guide: https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/midwest-finesse-fishing-april-2018/153405.
(8) This is the link to “A Month-by-Month Guide to Midwest Finesse Fishing for Bass:” https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/a-month-by-month-guide-to-midwest-finesse-for-bass/156223.
Here are some of the photographs from Aprils of the past: