Since 2011, we have written and published 139,733 words about how, when, and where Midwest finesse anglers have caught largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, and spotted bass in Augusts of the past in Arkansas, California, Canada, Indiana, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.
These logs contain the perspectives of Rick Allen of Dallas; Don Baldridge of Springfield, Missouri; Tom Bett of Oshkosh, Wisconsin; Burton Bosley of Sutton, West Virginia; Norman Brown of Lewisville, Texas; Terry Claudell of Overland Park, Kansas; Charlie Croom of Fayetteville, Arkansas; Steve Desch of Topeka, Kansas; Roger Farish of Highland Village, Texas; Paul Finn of Olathe, Kansas; Eric Fortner of Gardner, Kansas; Brent Frazee of Parkville, Missouri; Bob Gum of Kansas City, Kansas; Bob Hardy of St. Paul, Minnesota; Wade Harness of San Diego, California; David Harrison of Lawrence, Kansas; Rick Hebenstreit of Shawnee, Kansas; Clyde Holscher of Topeka, Kansas; Ned Kehde of Lawrence, Kansas; Pok-Chi Lau of Lawrence, Kansas; Ralph Manns of Rockwall, Texas; John McKean of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Dave Mull of Paw Paw, Michigan; Travis Myers of Paw Paw, West Virginia; Dave Petro of Lecompton, Kansas; Mike Poe of Siler City, North Carolina; Drew Reese of Rantoul, Kansas, and Sioux Narrows, Ontario, Canada; Bill Reichert of Lincolnshire, Illinois; Steve Reideler of Denton, Texas; Walt Tegtmeier of Leawood, Kansas; John Thomas of Denton, Texas; and Andrew Trembath of Kansas City, Missouri.
The purpose of this column is to give anglers a quick way to access what has transpired in the world of Midwest finesse fishing during the month of August in various parts of North America since the beginning of the 21st century.
Below are the Internet links to those 139,733 words, as well as some photographs of Midwest finesse anglers and the black bass that they caught in Augusts of the past.
(1) The August of 2012 guide contains 17 logs and 10,673 words. Here is the link to it: https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/an-addendum-to-the-month-by-month-guide-to-midwest-finesse-august/155189#ixzz3gAPh6bmb.
(2) The guide to August of 2013 contains 21 logs and 11,952 words. Here is the link to it: https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/midwest-finesse-fishing-august-2013/155512.
(3) The guide to August of 2014 contains 32 logs and 21,969 words. Here is the link to that guide: https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/midwest-finesse-fishing-august-2014/155682.
(4) The guide to August of 2015 contains 24 logs and 19,871 words. Here is the link to it:. https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/midwest-finesse-fishing-august-2015/153330.
(5) The monthly guide to August of 2016 contains 32 logs and 33,395 words. It features the Midwest finesse record that Steve Reideler of Denton, Texas, and his cohorts set in north-central Texas by catching 695 black bass in 47 hours of fishing and 12 outings. Reideler plies some of the most difficult black-bass waterways in North America, and his 12 logs are chockfull of rich details about how they accomplished this feat. Here is the link to this guide: https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/midwest-finesse-fishing-august-2016/154410.
(6) Our guide to August of 2017 contains 27 logs and 25,823 words. Here is the link to it: https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/midwest-finesse-fishing-august-2017-2/156227.
(7) Our guide to August of 2018 contains 17 logs and 13,033 words. Here is the link to it: https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/midwest-finesse-fishing-august-2018/154738.
(8) Here is the link to "A Month-by-Month Guide to Midwest Finesse for Bass:https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/a-month-by-month-guide-to-midwest-finesse-for-bass/156223. It features 436 words about how, when, and where we caught largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, and spotted bass in August in the years before 2012.
(9) The "Augusts of the Past" column published in 2015 contained 1,652 words and a short feature on the effectiveness of a slightly shortened Z-Man Fishing Products' Finesse WormZ affixed to either a 1/32- or 1/16-ounce Gopher Tackle's Mushroom Head jig during the 31 days of August. Here is the link to that column: https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/augusts-of-the-past/155917.
(10) The "Augusts of the Pasts" column for 2016 contained 858 words and nine photographs. Here is the link to it: https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/augusts-of-the-past-2/156168.
(11) Our "Augusts of the Past" column for 2017 contained 1,255 words and nine photographs. Here is the link to it: https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/augusts-of-the-pasts/156138.
(12) Here is a link to a column that describes some of our late July and early August outings in Minnesota: https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/vacationing-northwoods-minnesota-2014/155684.
Photographs from Augusts of the pasts