Yield: 2 cups breading
Total time: 30 minutes
Cashew Fish Breading Ingredients:
- ¾ cup crushed soda crackers (or cracker meal)
- 1 ¼ cups salted cashews
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ¾ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- ¾ teaspoon white pepper (or to taste)
Fish Fry Ingredients:
- Fish fillets
- All-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup of liquid (water, beer, white wine, milk, cream or evaporated milk)
- To make breading, combine all cashew fish breading ingredients in a food processor fitted with a steel knife. Process until nuts are finely pulverized. Save breading for later, or continue to next step on how to bread fish. The fish may be breaded several hours in advance and refrigerated or it may be frozen for later use.
- Shake fish fillets in a bag containing all-purpose flour. Remove fish from bag and shake off any excess flour.
- Dip fish fillets into a mixture of 2 beaten eggs, a pinch of salt and ½ cup of liquid.
- Then dredge or shake the fillets in the cashew breading.
- Place breaded fillets on a pan or plate and set aside until you're ready to fry them.