July 07, 2021
By Chef Lucia Watson
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10-12 minutes
- 4 walleye fillets
- 2 heads fresh lettuce (oak/Boston/butter)
- 1/4 pound green beans, blanched in boiling water, cooled, and drained
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- Basil leaves, washed and dried
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and halved
- Black olives
- Small new potatoes, boiled and chilled
- Tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- Capers (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Mustard Vinaigrette (recipe below)
- Place the walleye fillets in a roasting pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Add enough water to fill the bottom of the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until cooked. Do not overcook.
- Chill the walleye.
- Place a bed of lettuce and basil on four separate plates. Place a walleye fillet and the other ingredients on the plates. Drizzle on the dressing, to taste. Sprinkle with parsley.
- 1/4 cups shallots, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place the shallots into a medium-size bowl and add the vinegar. The vinegar marinates and tenderizes the shallots, giving the vinaigrette a light, distinctive flavor. Allow to sit for about 2 hours at room temperature.
- Whisk in the mustard, then add the oil in a slow, steady stream as you continue to whisk. Season with salt and pepper.