October 27, 2023
Garmin recently announced the new EchoMap Ultra 2 chartplotter series. Designed with advanced features tailored to the needs of inland and nearshore anglers, this cutting-edge product aims to revolutionize the fishing experience.
The EchoMap Ultra 2 chartplotters offer a range of features designed with the primary goal of providing exceptional sonar and mapping capabilities. Key highlights of this innovative series include:
- Sunlight-Readable Touchscreen: Available in 10-inch or 12-inch options, the EchoMap Ultra 2 features a sunlight-readable touchscreen with keyed assist, ensuring visibility even in bright outdoor conditions.
- UHD Scanning Sonar: These chartplotters come equipped with UHD scanning sonar, providing anglers with nearly photographic images of fish and underwater structures.
- Garmin Navionics+ Mapping: The devices come preloaded with Garmin Navionics+ mapping, including a one-year subscription for daily updates, ensuring the latest and most accurate information for anglers.
- Wireless Networking: The EchoMap Ultra 2 allows anglers to share sonar data, waypoints, and routes wirelessly with other EchoMap Ultra 2 or EchoMap UHD2 chartplotters on the same boat, reducing cable clutter and simplifying installation.
- Multi-Band GPS: The chartplotters incorporate multi-band GPS technology with fast 10Hz updates, providing improved position accuracy, particularly in challenging environments such as areas under bridges or with tree cover.
- Screen Recording: Using the ActiveCaptain app, users can capture what's on the chartplotter screen, making it easy to share fish catches and other highlights via text or social media.
- Updated User Interface: The EchoMap Ultra 2 series features a modernized operating system with updated graphics, menus, and a new homepage, making it more intuitive and user-friendly.
Enhanced Sonar Technology
The EchoMap Ultra 2 series offers a bundle option with the GT56UHD all-in-one transducer, providing Garmin CHIRP traditional sonar and Ultra High-Definition ClearVü and SideVü scanning images. Additionally, the series is compatible with Garmin's award-winning LiveScope live-scanning sonar.
Comprehensive Mapping Coverage
Available in two sizes, the EchoMap Ultra 2 106sv (10-inch display) and EchoMap Ultra 2 126sv (12-inch display), these chartplotters offer extensive mapping coverage for both coastal and inland waters. They come with built-in Garmin Navionics+ mapping, including a one-year subscription for daily updates, depth range shading, and Auto Guidance+2 for faster route calculations.
Anglers can also upgrade to Garmin Navionics Vision+ premium mapping for high-resolution relief shading and more. The series includes built-in Quickdraw Contours mapping software, allowing users to create personalized fishing maps with 1-foot contours on any body of water.
Integration with Garmin Force Trolling Motor
When wirelessly integrated with a Garmin Force trolling motor, anglers can create routes, patterns, and tracks for the trolling motor to follow while they fish. The chartplotter screen provides control over speed, battery life monitoring, and more.
Availability and Pricing
The EchoMap Ultra 2 chartplotters are expected to be available next month. They come with a quick-release mount for fast and easy mobility and are sold both with and without a GT56UHD-TM transducer. Suggested retail prices for the series range from $1,899.99 to $3,099.99.
To learn more about the EchoMap Ultra 2 chartplotter series, visit garmin.com/marine.