Julys of the Past
June 28, 2019
Since 2011, we have published 114,669 words about the July endeavors of Midwest finesse anglers.
This is a short bibliographical essay for anglers who want to get a historical perspective of how, when, and where Midwest finesse anglers caught largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, and spotted bass in Julys of the past.
It directs readers to the briefs and logs that the following anglers contributed to the Finesse News Network since 2012:
Abe Abernathy of Greensboro, North Carolina; Rick Allen of Dallas; Mark Acridge of Watauga, Texas; Don Baldridge of Springfield, Missouri; Tom Bett of Oshkosh, Wisconsin; Burton Bosley of Sutton, West Virginia; Norman Brown of Lewisville, Texas; Terry Claudell of Overland Park, Kansas; Charlie Croom of Fayetteville, Arkansas; Ethan Dhuyvetter of Manhattan, Kansas; Adam Fancovic of Washington, D.C.; Dean and Chris Fitori of Leawood, Kansas; Eric Gilgenback of Winneconne, Wisconsin; Roger Farish of Highland Village, Texas; Paul Finn of Olathe, Kansas; Brent Frazee of Parkville, Missouri; Merit Goodman of Eudora, Kansas; Vincent Graceffa of Overland Park, Kansas; Bob Gum of Kansas City, Kansas; Bob Hardy of St. Paul, Minnesota; David Harrison of Lawrence, Kansas; Rick Hebenstreit of Shawnee, Kansas; Robbie Jack of Dallas; Ned and Pat Kehde of Lawrence, Kansas; Stacey King of Reeds Spring, Missouri; Pok-Chi Lau of Lawrence, Kansas; Ralph Manns of Rockwall, Texas; Travis Myers of Paw Paw, West Virginia; Travis Perret of Overland Park, Kansas; Dave Petro of Lecompton, Kansas; Mike Poe of Siler City, North Carolina; John Redding of Lawrence, Kansas; Drew Reese of Rantoul, Kansas, and Sioux Narrows, Ontario, Canada; Steve Reideler of Denton, Texas; Blake Russell of Shawnee, Kansas; Walt Tegtmeirer of Leawood, Kansas; John Thomas of Denton, Texas; Carl Thomason of Chapel Hill, North Carolina; Mike Trometer of Plano, Texas; Ethan Turner of Springfield, Missouri; Brian Waldman of Centerville and Indianapolis, Indiana; and Dave Weroha of Kansas City, Kansas.
Here are the links to the monthly guides and two other Midwest Finesse columns that explain where, how, and when these 44 anglers caught largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, and spotted bass in Julys of the past:
(1) This is the link to the guide about July of 2012: https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/an-addendum-to-the-month-by-month-guide-to-midwest-finesse-july/155235. This guide contains 9,305 words.
(2) This is the link to the guide about July of 2013: https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/midwest-finesse-fishing-july-2013/153844. This guide contains 12,561 words.
(3) This is the link to the guide about July of 2014: https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/midwest-finesse-fishing-jukly-2014/15572. This guide contains 18,645 words.
(4) This is the link to the guide about July of 2015: https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/midwest-finesse-fishing-july-2015/154231.This guide contains 12,415 words.
(5) Here is the link to the guide about July of 2016: https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/midwest-finesse-fishing-july-2016/155964. It contains 24,185 words.
(6) Here is the link to the guide about July of 2017: https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/midwest-finesse-fishing-july-2017/156080. It contains 20,294 words.
(7) Here is the link to the guide about July of 2018: https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/midwest-finesse-fishing-july-2018/153416. It contains 16,484 words.
(8) This is a link to "A Month-by-Month Guide to Midwest Finesse for Bass:" https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/a-month-by-month-guide-to-midwest-finesse-for-bass/156223. It is a historical analysis of Midwest finesse fishing that we wrote back in 2011. It focuses on each month of the year and how, when, and where we caught black bass from 2006 to 2011. It contains 779 words about Midwest finesse fishing in July.
(9) This is a link to some of our days in Minnesota in July with various members of our family: https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/vacation-notes-and-photographs/154441.
Here are some photographs of Midwest finesse anglers from Julys of the past.