Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 4 walleye fillets (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup salsa of your choice
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 450°F degrees.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a shallow dish (or on a piece of wax paper), mix crushed tortilla chips and chili powder. Mix lime juice and oil in another shallow dish. Dip walleye fillets in the lime juice mixture, then immediately dredge in the seasoned tortilla crumbs to coat. Place coated fillets on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle walleye with any remaining tortilla crumbs.
- Bake walleye 10 minutes or until crisp and golden, and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Warm salsa in a small saucepan over low heat. Arrange walleye on serving plates and spoon warm salsa across the center. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro.