Dad deserves the perfect Father's Day fishing gift, but finding it can be a challenge. Rather than fall into the trap of buying cliché presents like ties and sweaters, show your appreciation for everything he's done by selecting something that fits his love of fishing and the outdoor lifestyle.
Fortunately, options abound. From handy tools and accessories to custom rods, high-performance reels, and fish-catching lures, there's plenty to choose from. To help you sort it all out, we offer the following 13 suggestions in our Father's Day Fishing Gift Guide.
And don't forget, the gift of time is priceless, too. A hand-written "coupon" for a day on the water is the perfect compliment to any of the following gift ideas.
Lindy River Rocker
- If Dad likes catching fish he'll appreciate this fine little banana bait. Built to generate a wide, rocking wobble even against strong current, the River Rocker reliably yields an exaggerated action that draws strikes from walleyes, trout, bass, pike, and even slab crappies on the cast and troll. A true utility player, it shines behind leadcore, downriggers and mono, braid, or fluoro leashes. Comes in three sizes, from 2 3/8 to 3¾ inches long, and a fistful of catchy colors.
St. Croix Legend Trek
- If Dad's a travelin' man, this three-piece pack rod makes a fine companion that's light, strong, and sensitive. Built on high-modulus, high-strain SC graphite blanks with Integrated Poly Curve tooling and proprietary Fortified Resin System technologies, it's available in eight spinning and casting options from 7 to 7½ feet long, all of which pack nicely down to 32 inches or less. Comes with a sturdy carrying case and 15-year, transferrable warranty.
Jack Link's Small Batch Hickory Bacon Jerky€¨
- High-protein jerky staves off hunger pangs to keep Dad fishing longer, and goes deliciously well with a cold afternoon beverage during a break in the action. When Jack Link's expanded its already tasteful Small Batch family with Hickory Bacon Jerky No. 9, it raised the bar in shoreline snacking. The handcrafted jerky is easy to chew and great-tasting, thanks to Jack Link's slow and gentle hickory-smoking process. Comes in a 2.5-ounce package that is re-sealable, in the odd event there's any left after you and Dad crack the seal.
Berkley Fishing Head Lamp
- Dads of all ages appreciate hands-free LED lighting when tying knots, untangling lines, and wrangling fish in low-light conditions. This slick headlamp offers smart features such as multiple light modes — including three white-light settings for ultimate brightness, a red light for fostering night vision, and a UV light for illuminating fluorescent lines and black-light posters. The light is also water resistant, has a battery meter, and the strap's buckle serves as the battery compartment key to ensure security and easy access. Runs on three AAA batteries.
Northland Impulse Paddle Shad
- Laced with scientifically proven Impulse fish attractants, the Paddle Shad blends the strike-triggering profile and action of a deep-bodied crankbait with the fatal attraction of a scented softbait. Deadly on bass, pike, walleyes, and other predators, it projects the stout profile of a bluegill or shad and features a super-sized paddle tail that's linked to the body by action-amplifying tail hinges. Available in 3- and 3 ½-inch sizes and eight proven crankbait color patters, it works well on a variety of jigs from round to standup and swimming head designs.
Tenzing Sherpa Sling
Fathers are beasts of burden by nature, but Tenzing lightens the load with its TZ SS15 Sherpa Sling. Billed as the ultimate carry-all, it redistributes the heft of heavy and hard-to-handle items such as monster storage boxes from Dad's back and arms to stronger muscle groups in the legs, shoulders, and core. Outside of lugging gear for him, it's the kindest way to lend him a helping hand. Sold with three strap sets, the Sherpa can be worn over a single shoulder or across the body.
- Dad fishes like a pro, so why not help him dress like one? Spiffy fishing jerseys are a great way to showcase the company business, Dad's local fishing club, church, sponsors, and more. Best of all, semi-custom jerseys start at less than $60, and personalized performance tees cost even less.
Clam Dual-Tray Jig Box
- Clam simplifies the task of managing tiny panfish jigs, spoons, and softbaits with this handy little tackle box. Lightweight and water tight, it features durable polyethylene frames tucked inside a rugged ABS plastic outer case. With 24 individual trays, helping Dad get organized has never been easier.
Cabela's Arachnid Baitcasting Reel
- This long-casting baitcaster is a smooth operator. Its wide T-Wing aperture reduces awkward line angles and friction, extending your effective range — which is further enhanced by the free-spinning spool's Air Rotation System. Armed with a whopping 12 bearings, the Arachnid also features a silky-smooth Ultimate Tournament drag, Magforce-Z cast control to help banish backlash, and a lightweight aluminum frame, spool, and gear housing.
Steiner Marine 7x50
- If you are looking for a nice pair of water-going binoculars, the Steiner 7x50 Marine is hard to beat. Features 7x Magnification perfect for on-water use, with a wide, stable image for tracking boats, buoys and more. High Contrast optics that provide bright, sharply contoured images with natural color definition for outstanding viewing quality suitable for both beginners and professionals. Floating Prism System that uses a flexible silicon lens mount to absorb severe shock, impact and abuse without damage. Sports-Auto-Focus™ System that lets you focus each eyepiece to your vision once, then keeps images razor-sharp from 20 yards to infinity — no more chasing focus on moving targets. $329.99
Thermos 40-ounce Insulated Beverage Bottle
There's nothing like a hot cup of coffee to fan the flames of your father's fishing fever — especially on an early morning adventure — and this 40-ounce genuine Thermos is guaranteed to keep his java steaming for up to 24 hours. It's equally adept at keeping cold liquids cold, thanks to double-wall vacuum insulation for maximum temperature retention. Other features include unbreakable stainless steel construction inside and out, a convenient twist-and-pour stopper, and insulated stainless-steel serving cup.
Rapala Lithium Ion Cordless Fillet Knife
- Perfect for transforming the day's catch into tasty fillets, Rapala's Lithium Ion Cordless Fillet knife slices and dices your catch in style. Its lithium-ion battery keeps the 7-inch reciprocating blade blazing for 80 minutes of full-power cleaning. Plus, the comfortable grip reduces fatigue while the advanced air-flow design keeps the knife's quiet yet gutsy motor running cool. Comes with a 110V plug-in charger capable of recharging a completely drained battery in under two hours.