By MudHole Staff
Maximize build quality and minimize production time with rod building’s all-new RBS-Pro Power Wrapping kits.
Update Your Workshop with the RBS-Pro Power Wrapper
Power wrappers drastically increase rod building quality and efficiency, and the RBS-Pro represents the latest and greatest addition to this conversation.
Marking the debut of CRB’s premium line of rod building solutions, the RBS-Pro Power Wrapper sparks the next generation of rod building. From the original mock up to the final proven product, the RBS-Pro has blown away each and every expectation.
The development of this incredible product started with the demand to create a heavy-duty, multi-functional power wrapping system that could do far more in much less space. Workshops are already crowded enough, so the RBS-Pro was strategically engineered to bring a superior power wrapper and rod building experience, without sacrificing your entire workspace.
Check out the RBS-Pro Power Wrapper in Action:
Watch more Mud Hole Custom Tackle Videos here!
This product is truly an unbelievable upgrade to the RBS Rod Building Systems.
RBS-Pro Professional Grade Features
Whether wrapping and finishing guides, adding longer decorative thread wraps, or even shaping custom grips, the RBS-Pro can do it all!
Click on the features below to learn more:
Power Wrapper Motor
- Sturdy, reliable 110V motor that offers variable speeds to suit whatever rod building work needs to be done.
- Drive motor features quiet, smooth operations to allow rod builders to work late at night, early in the morning, or both.
Headstock and Self-Centering Chuck
- Made from machined aircraft grade aluminum, the headstock and chuck of the RBS-Pro are precisely crafted to rotate rapidly, while still keeping the rod secure and preventing any wobble.
- Built with a 3-jaw self-centering chuck as well as two interchangeable sets of chuck teeth to ensure the perfect fit on your rod blank, fighting butt, or even mandrels.
Interchangeable Concave and Convex Chuck Teeth
- The RBS-Pro includes two sets of interchangeable chuck teeth that allow you to get a tighter and more secure grip.
- Both sets are rubberized to fit over the chuck and tighten effectively without damaging the rod blank or grip.
- The concave chuck teeth are designed for standard rod blanks and fighting butt sizes, while the convex chuck teeth are excellent for smaller diameter rod blanks, or for chucking up a mandrel to shape your own fishing grips.
Foot Pedal Controls
- The foot pedal controls are simple to operate and incredibly responsive for decreasing and increasing rotation speeds.
- The foot pedal design helps keep your hands free, so that you can independently work on your rod build while simultaneously maintaining complete, precise control of your rotation speed.
- Use this variable speed is key for wrapping thread, finishing guide wraps, shaping grips, and much more.
Stepped Pulley System
- Allows for 4 different speed and torque configurations.
- Stepped pulley system relies on a large and small headstock pulley that matches up with the large and small stepped motor pulley below.
- This precise design maintains a smooth, controlled rotation regardless of the speed or torque setting you use.
- Rotating up to 6,000 RPM, this is an incredible bonus for producing high-speed work that is both accurate and effective.
Two Drive Belt Options
- The innovative stepped pulley system of the RBS-Pro was drawn up and developed to work seamlessly with two different drive belts: a light duty silicone belt and a heavy duty v-belt.
- The light duty belt is included for more general work, such as wrapping thread, finishing guides, and touching up rods, while the heavy duty v-belt is suggested jobs like sanding and shaping grips.
Attach to RBS Rod Building System
- Incorporating the RBS-Pro effortlessly into the Rod Building System is arguably one of the biggest selling points of this new and improved power wrapper.
- Developed as a solution to help rod builders continue to grow with their expandable rod building system.
- Slide the RBS-Pro onto your RBS Aluminum Base Station and screw it on with the included hardware (4x screws, nuts, and washers) to secure it in place.
Top 4 RBS-Pro Rod Building System Kits
The RBS Rod Building System is the only fully expandable and upgradeable unit that works to grow with the needs of each and every rod builder. Using rod building products designed to be just as customizable as the rods you build, CRB provides all the RBS equipment, tools, and supplies to assemble your very own cutting edge rod building workshop.
Check out the RBS-Pro Equipment Kits
Now with the addition of the RBS-Pro Power Wrapper—and many more products on the horizon—these innovative kits continue to develop exciting new product solutions for custom rod builders, while still protecting your investment in the RBS System.
If you’re looking for an easy way to transition your equipment and workshop into the RBS Rod Building System, this first power wrapper kit is designed for you.
Along with the RBS-Pro Power Wrapper, the RBS-Prokit-1 includes the ABS Aluminum Base Station. The ABS was created to bring you the foundation track for the RBS System.
Combining three 33″ aluminum sections to assemble over 8′ of workable area, the Aluminum Base Station also features multiple slots to mount additional equipment right onto the track. Each sections’ dual roller tracks help run accessory trays, thread carriages, etc. in the front or rear of your wrapper, and also provide a center track to mount support stands and other CRB Tools.
The RBS-Prokit-2 builds off of the first kit by introducing the HWS-1 Hand Wrapper in addition to the RBS-Pro Power Wrapper and ABS Aluminum Base Station.
This HWS-1 Hand Wrapper has been incredibly popular for novice and professional rod builders alike. Widely recognized for its use of a tension rod, the HWS-1 is one of the only hand wrappers that strategically maintains the tension of your wrapping thread.
Using tension in this manner allows rod builders to step away or even back up a thread wrap without sacrificing the wrap itself.
However, this kit also includes the RBS-Pro Power Wrapper, which works seamlessly with the HWS-1 Hand Wrapper to power up guide wraps, underwraps, and wrapping even longer decorative wraps.
Continuing the trend, the RBS-Prokit-3 adds the RDS Rod Dryer alongside the RBS-Pro, ABS Track, and HWS-1.
This kit is not only incredible for its value, but also because it forms a very well-rounded rod building and power wrapping system.
From power wrapping to finishing and curing thread wraps, you can work through each step in rod building using the equipment included in the RBS-Prokit-3!
Arguably one of the coolest aspects of the all-new RBS-Pro, is its ability to conduct heavy-duty work, such as shaping cork and EVA fishing grips.
A huge advantage of the RBS-Pro, shaping custom grips is a fast and simple way to create better, more comfortable grips for any fishing rod. Since the RBS-Pro and heavy-duty V-belt can handle the job—no pun intended—we naturally combined it with our popular grip making kits for an awesome equipment bundle.
Exclusive: The RBS-Pro Handle Turning Kit
When paired with the CRB Grip Making Kit, the RBS-Pro turns into a lean, mean grip turning machine in no time!
Designed by rod building experts, the RBS-Pro Power Wrapper Unit is engineered to bring a broad range of benefits to any custom rod building workshop.
From wrapping and finishing guides, to shaping grips and refurbishing old rods, the RBS-Pro brings the perfect boost of power to accomplish all of the above with more efficiency and precision than ever before.