Almond-Crusted Walleye With Pears & Blue Cheese Recipe
Almonds, walleye, pears and blue cheese are a classic combination, but nothing's sacred here – fillets from any white fish will do
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 walleye fillets, about ½ pound each
- Flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced scallion
- 1 ripe pear, peeled and cut into slices
- ¼ cup white wine
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese
- Dredge walleye fillets in seasoned flour, shaking off any excess, dip in egg and then coat in almonds.
- Melt butter until hot and sauté walleye about 6 minutes on each side or until tender. Transfer fillets to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Drain excess grease from pan. Add scallions and pear slices and cook 1 to 2 minutes. Add wine and cook a few more minutes.
- Add cream, season with salt and pepper. Add lemon juice and taste to adjust seasoning.
- At the last minute, add blue cheese and spoon over fish.