Intex Excursion Pro (Inflatable Fishing Kayak)
With the Intex Excursion Pro, a sit-in inflatable fishing kayak offered at an affordable price, you'll be on the water in no time.
Kayaks are sleek and stealthy watercraft that not only offer a peaceful fishing experience but also enable anglers to reach a few places that would be impossible with larger boats. After experiencing kayak fishing, it’s easy to understand why these crafts have become so popular.
Choosing your first kayak can be difficult for several reasons—one of which is cost. While less expensive than a boat, a solid fishing kayak can still be pricey, costing anywhere from $300 to $3000. Rather than springing for the most expensive kayak with all the bells and whistles, the Intex Excursion Pro Kayak is an inflatable, professional series kayak designed specifically for fishing at an affordable price. You can pick one up for only $299.99, and it comes with everything you need to get on the water.
Don’t mistake its low price tag for low quality – the Excursion Pro is a durable kayak made for rigors of fishing. It’s constructed of high-quality materials (super-tough laminate with a polyester core) that are resistant to damage from impact, abrasion and sunlight. High-pressure inflation renders the kayak extra stable, and the valves are spring-loaded, allowing for easy inflation and deflation. With a maximum capacity of 400 pounds, the Excursion Pro is strong enough to carry up to two people plus gear safely.
The Complete Kayak Package
The Excursion Pro Kayak is both a single and a tandem kayak. Install one seat when you want to go solo, or two seats to fish from the kayak with a buddy. An optional booster for elevated seating is also included. Aside from life jackets and fishing gear, the Excursion Pro Kayak includes everything you and a friend need to enjoy a day of kayak fishing. If you have some extra cash, there are two additional items I think are worth getting: an anchor system and a paddle leash. An anchor system will help keep the kayak stationary while fishing and a paddle leash will prevent the oar(s) from unexpectedly floating away.
I’ve been paddling around in one the last couple of months. It is comfortable to sit in, has plenty of storage space for gear, and features built-in rod holders. I appreciate the comfortable inflatable bucket seats that come with this kayak. Not only are the adjustable seats comfy enough to sit in for hours, but they also have backrests for support. The adjustable footrests are an added comfort bonus and easy to install. The storage spaces in the bow and stern are large enough to store a tackle box or dry bag, and the stainless steel D-rings on the sides of the kayak can be used to tie down gear as needed. The two built-in fishing rod holders work for trolling, drifting and rod storage. The mounting bracket is handy for additional accessories such as swivel fishing rod holders, GPS systems and fish finders. I attach my GoPro-style action camera to the bracket for the hands-free videoing of my kayaking adventures. In addition to fishing gear, I always pack a cooler. My Otterbox Trooper 12 Cooler fits perfectly in the kayak, whether I’m riding single or tandem. When there are two of us in the kayak, I put the cooler in between the two seats and still have room to move my legs and feet comfortably.
Quick & Easy to Setup
Setting up the kayak is so easy—about 15 minutes. Using the included pressure gauge helps to take the guesswork out of knowing when the chambers are properly inflated. For tips on how to properly paddle a kayak, watch this video.
Inflatable kayaks are easier to transport, fold up to save storage space, and can be stored almost anywhere (the Excursion Pro Kayak is compliant with ISO 6185 safety standards for inflatable boats). No roof rack is needed for your vehicle, and a garage or shed is not necessary for storage. When the kayak is completely deflated and dry, simply fold it up tightly and place it in the provided storage bag. When carefully packed, the kayak and all its accessories – seats (deflated and folded), hand pump, and oars fit in the bag.
What’s in the box:
- 1 Excursion Pro Inflatable Kayak (approximately 151x13x18 inches)
- 2 inflatable, adjustable bucket seats
- 1 inflatable booster pad
- 2 floor-mounted footrests
- 1 removable/adjustable mounting bracket
- 2 (86-inch) aluminum oars
- 2 removable skegs (short skeg for shallow water and large skeg for deep water)
- 1 high-output hand pump
- 1 carry bag with handles
- 1 repair patch
- 1 pressure gauge
- Wear a life jacket. Always wear a life jacket (PDF) when kayaking. If your life jacket is too uncomfortable to wear when inside the kayak, consider purchasing one made specifically for kayaking. It should fit comfortably and be snug enough to stay put.
- Check the weather forecast. Before heading out on your kayak, check the local weather forecast for clear skies. Dress appropriately according to weather conditions. Keep an eye on sudden changes in the weather and wind patterns that may make it difficult for you to paddle to land safely.
- Inspect your kayak and any equipment before every use. Carefully check your Excursion Pro Kayak for any punctures, leaks, or other types of wear that might impair the vessel’s ability to carry you on the water safely. Verify inflation pressure. Inspect the valves caps. Be sure your gear is evenly distributed throughout the kayak, fore (front) to aft (back) and side-to-side.
- Follow local boating rules and regulations. Familiarize yourself with all local regulations and hazards related to water activities and boat operation.
- Be visible on the water. It’s important to be visible to others when kayaking. Wear brightly colored clothing and use reflective tape on your oars. The Excursion Pro Kayak is a bright orange color and can easily be seen on the water.
The Intex Excursion Pro Kayak is a well-built kayak for entry-level kayakers. If you or someone you know wants to get started in kayak fishing, the Excursion Pro is the way to go.
For more information on the Excursion Pro Kayak, visit the Intex website.